- With less than a month to go, here is what to look forward to at Board Games By The Bay Auckland in May.
- Expansive Library: The BGBTB games library continues to grow and this is your opportunity to try games you’ve never played before, or to pick up an old favourite. Rio Grande Games has once again sent copies of their latest designs so you can get an edge on the competition before they’re released in New Zealand.
- Prizes: Who doesn’t want a new game for free? We’ll be offering an opportunity for gamers to “play to win” brand new titles from established publishers, as well as spot prizes and giveaways.
- Martin Wallace: Once again, Martin Wallace, award winning game designer of the likes of Discworld: Ankh-Morpork, and The Witches), will be in attendance with his latest designs. You can playtest his latest prototypes, get games autographed, or just shoot the breeze with him – he’s very approachable!
- Math Trade: BGBTB will be hosting a live math trade on the Saturday. (A what?) This is a no-risk way to mix up your game collection by exchanging a game you own for someone else’s. And you’ll never receive something you don’t want! Registrations open at 10am on Saturday and close at midday the same day. By the afternoon, you could have something new to your collection!
- Android: Netrunner Draft Tournament: Following on from our massively successful Android: Netrunner tournament last November, we will be hosting a draft tournament at no charge. Day and time TBC.Much More – As with recent events, we’ll have prizes to give away, plus promos, food and drink on offer, games for sale at discounted prices, and a library of gaming goodness for all attendees. Not sure if your favourite game in your collection will be there? Bring it along and add it to the playing pool!
- What: Board Games By The Bay – Auckland
Where: Auckland Bridge Club, 273 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland
When: 24-25 May, 2014 (10 AM to 10 PM Saturday and 10 AM to 6 PM Sunday)
How Much: $10 per person per day, or $15 for the weekend by purchasing through the website. Attendees 12 years and under can enter for free, but they must be accompanied by an adult.For more details or to secure your earlybird discount, head on over to the BGBTB event page here. You can also keep up to date by stalking us on Facebook or Twitter, or signing up to our newsletter on the SeriouslyBoard home page.Get your tickets today!