Santorini is an easily learnt, deeply strategic block placement, grid movement board game for 2-4 players blocking each other while building a mythical Mediterranean village.
Santorini is best as a 2 player game but includes rules for 3 or 4 players – note the 4 player game is for two teams of 2 players.
Santorini is a non-abstract re-imagining of the 2004 edition that includes 3D pieces allowing players to create buildings up out of the board. Since its original inception over 30 years ago, Santorini has been endlessly developed, enhanced and refined by mathematician and educator, Dr. Gordon Hamilton. Santorini is a highly accessible pure strategy game that is simple enough for a primary school classroom. But with enough gameplay depth and content for even hardcore gamers to explore, Santorini is truly a game for everyone.
Each turn consists of 2 steps:
1. Move – move one of your builders into a neighboring space. You may move your Builder Pawn on the same level, step-up one level, or step down any number of levels.
2. Build – Then construct a building level adjacent to the builder you moved. When building on top of the third level, place a dome instead, removing that space from play.
If either of your builders reaches the third level, you win. What makes Santorini truly special is its seamless integration of variable player powers into a pure-strategy game. Players have available over 40 thematic god and hero powers, each fundamentally changing the way the game is played.
- Teachable in 30 seconds
- Variable player powers fundamentally player strategy
- Huge depth and replayability
- True 3D board that rises up from the table
- Thematic pure strategy gameplay with tons of depth
- 68 building miniatures
- 6 builder miniatures
- a custom designed elevated island play surface
- 30 hero/power cards
Card sleeve information if you wish to sleeve the cards in this product:
30 cards. Fantasy Flight sleeve size: Tarot – Orange (FFS66, 50/pack) – (2-3/4″ x 4-3/4″ – 70 x 120mm)