Root is a medium complexity, euro/wargame game for 2-4 players. It takes place in a fantasy setting where factions of animals battle for control of a great woodland.
The factions of Root are highly asymmetrical, so you must play to your faction’s strengths
- The cats are the current rulers of the wilderness. They must police their domain while harvesting the wood they need produce workshops, lumber mills, and barracks. They win by building new buildings and crafts.
- The hawks of Eyrie were the rulers of old . They must capture as much territory as possible and build roosts before they collapse back into squabbling.
- The mouse Alliance hides in the shadows, recruiting forces and hatching conspiracies. They begin slowly and build towards a dramatic late-game presence, but only if they can manage to keep the other players in check.
- The Vagabond racoon plays all sides of the conflict for its own gain, while hiding a mysterious quest.
Players drive the narrative, and the differences between each role is what gives Root its high level of interaction and replayability.
Designer: Cole Wehrle
Publisher: Leder Games
Player numbers: 2-4 players
Recommended Age: 10+
Game Time: 60–90 Min
Root: The Riverfolk Expansion (2018)
4 Player Boards for each faction (Marquise, Eyrie, Alliance, Vagabond)
2 Counter Sheets
1 Mounted Board (6-panel)
Meeples (25 Marquise, 20 Eyrie, 10 Alliance, 1 Vagabond).
- 54 game deck cards
- 4 eyrie leader cards
- 2 eyrie viziers cards
- 15 vagabond quest cards
- 3 vagabond variant cards
- 4x 4 faction overview cards
- 4x 1 walk-through cards
- 9 expansion cards
Card sleeve information if you wish to sleeve the cards in this product:
107 cards 63.5 mm x 88.0mm. Fantasy Flight sleeve size: Standard Card Game – Gray (FFS05, 50/pack) – (2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ – 63.5 x 88mm)