Puerto Rico is an immensely popular award winning game, where players take on the role of plantation owners in Puerto Rico; growing, storing and selling crops, developing useful buildings, deploying their colonists and shipping their goods back to Europe.
Puerto Rico is a beautifully designed and highly strategic board game that will appeal to a wide range of board gamers.
In Puerto Rico players take on the role of plantation owners who grow a range of crops; corn, tobacco, coffee, indigo and sugar. Players must make sure they have enough room to store these crops, however, otherwise they will lose them. They then have to pick the right time to sell their crops in order to gain maximum benefit.
Puerto Rico also requires players to develop the area of San Juan with buildings that will provide them with the most benefits throughout the game. On top of this, players also have to think about how to best deploy their colonists and the most strategic time to send their goods back to Europe, to reap the best rewards.
As BoardGameGeek’s long serving number one game, Puerto Rico takes you back to the mid 1500s, where players play a pivotal role in the development of this new world. Each turn, players can take on the role of a prospector, a governor, a settler or a trader, all in an effort to achieve the most prosperity and ultimately win the game.
- 5 Individual Player Boards
- 1 Governor Card
- 8 Role Cards (Settler, Mayor, Builder, Craftsman, Trader, Captain, 2 Prospectors)
- 1 Gameboard
- 49 Building Tiles (5 Large Violet, 24 Small Violet, 20 Non-Violet Production)
- 54 Doubloons (46 x “1”, 8 x “5”)
- 58 Island Tiles (8 Quarry Tiles, 50 Plantation Tiles)
- 1 Colonist Ship
- 100 Colonists
- 1 Trading House
- 50 Goods (9 Coffee, 9 Tobacco, 10 Corn, 11 Sugar, 11 Indigo)
- 5 Cargo Ships
- 50 Victory Point Chips (32 x “1”, 18 x “5”)
- Rule Booklet