Once Upon A Time
Fairy tales range from delightful and light to dark and gruesome, and so does Once Upon a Time!
Once Upon a Time is a game in which the players work together to create a new fairy tale using elements from their cards like dungeons, giants, and cauldrons. Steer the story toward the secret ending you hold.
Those endings can be light, like “So the king relented and the two were married,” or dark, like “So the evil-doers were thrown into a well.” What will your story be? Find out in Once Upon a Time.
Once Upon A Time is a game in which the players create a story together, using cards that show typical elements from fairy tales.
One player is the Storyteller and creates a story using the ingredients on their cards. They try to guide the plot towards their own ending. The other players try to use cards to interrupt the Storyteller and become the new Storyteller.
The winner is the first player to play out all their cards and end with their Happy Ever After card.
Awards & Honours:
- 2013 Origins Award nominee for Children’s, Family, or Party Game.
- 2013 Featured on TableTop with Wil Wheaton.
- 2013 Recommended Parents’ Choice Award.
- 2013 Tillywig Best Family Fun Award.
- 2013 Cover art featured in Spectrum 20.
- 2007 Hobby Games: The 100 Best.
- 1999 Pyramid Magazine’s The Millenium’s Best Card Games list.
- 1999 Pyramid Magazine’s The Millenium’s Most Underrated Games list.
- 1997 GAMES Magazine’s Games 100 List – Best Family Card Game Section.
Once Upon a Time: The Storytelling Card Game Board Game Expansions:
Once Upon a Time: Animal Tales
Once Upon a Time: Dark Tales
Once Upon a Time: Enchanting Tales
Once Upon a Time: Fairy Tales
Once Upon a Time: Fairytale Mash-ups
Once Upon a Time: Knightly Tales
Once Upon a Time: Seafaring Tales
Once Upon A Time: The Source
What’s in the box? Once Upon a Time: The Storytelling Card Game Contents:
- 114 “Once Upon A Time” (i.e., story) cards
- 51 “Happy Ever After” (i.e., ending) cards