Inis is a medium level, card drafting, area control game for 2-4 players, deeply rooted in Celtic history.
At the head of your ship, you eagerly search for any sign of land. As you peer through the dissipating mist, it finally gives way to the silhouette of cliffs—you have arrived at your new home. Now your clans can partake in a new era of prosperity.
Rival chieftains also set sail for this same land, and soon the time will come to hold the Great Council and elect the High King of Inis.
Will you be the one who ascends to the throne?
Players can try to achieve one of three different victory conditions:
- Leadership: Be the leader — i.e., have more clan figures than any other player — of territories containing at least six opponents’ clans.
- Land: Have your clans present in at least six different territories.
- Religion: Have your clans present in territories that collectively contain at least six sanctuaries.
Over the course of the game, players also earn deeds, typically chanted by bards or engraved by master crafters, that reduce by one the magic total of six for any condition. While one victory condition is enough to claim the title of King, a game of experienced players usually has a tight balance of power, emphasizing the leadership of the capital of the island.
• 16 Territory tiles
• 18 buildings: 9 Sanctuaries, 9 Citadels including 1 Capital
• 67 cards: 30 Epic Tales, 17 Action, 16 Advantage and 4 reference
• 17 tokens
• 48 clan figures