The Birth of America series continues with The American Revolution.
In 1775: Rebellion, players take the roles of the American Continental Army and Patriots against the British Army and the Loyalists. Each side tries to control the colonies, provinces and territories. They call on the aid of Native Americans, as well as the German Hessians and French Army in order to successfully birth a revolution or quell the rebellion. The four factions each use their own deck of cards to move their units into positions. Battles are resolved quickly with custom dice. If you can control an entire colony, province or territory you raise a flag. When the game ends with the signing of the Treaty of Paris, the side with the most flag markers is the winner.
1775: Rebellion uses the same basic mechanisms as 1812: The Invasion of Canada, but to a different end result. The game is quicker (being 2-4 player) and the intermingling of units at the beginning of the game allows the action to start immediately. There are a few core rules that changed in order to better portray the goals of the war.
The game also comes with an advanced scenario, “The Siege of Quebec”, which is recommended for players comfortable with the basic rules.
- 1 Map
- 54 Cards – 15 British Regulars, 13 Yellow Loyalist Militia, 14 Blue Continental Army, 12 White Patriot Militia
- 205 Unit Cubes – 35 Red British Regulars, 45 Yellow Loyalist Militia, 40 Blue Continental Army, 45 White Patriot Militia, 12 Orange German Hessians, 10 Purple French Regulars and 18 Green Native Americans
- 1 Round Marker Pawn
- 16 Double-sided Control Flags
- 16 Battle Dice – 2 Red British Regulars, 3 Yellow Loyalist Militia, 2 Orange Hessian Mercenaries, 2 Blue Continental Army, 3 White Patriot Militia, 2 Purple French Regulars, 2 Green Native Americans
- 4 Turn Markers – One for each faction
- 1 Silk Draw Bag
Card sleeve information if you wish to sleeve the cards in this product:
54 cards. Standard American – Green (FFS03, 50/pack) – (2-1/4” x 3-1/2″ – 57 x 89mm)